Do you want to be as hands-off with the swag process as possible? Paths by Zapier allows SwagUp’s Zapier app to take different actions based on the conditions you choose.
👀Let's take a look!
You will need to be logged into your account before you can begin
2. Click on Create Zap
3. You'll be prompted to choose the app that will host your "triggering event"
4. We'll start in the SwagUp app
5. Next, we need to choose an event that leads to an action.
6. For this example, we want to know every time a directory order (aka a shipment) is created
7. Click on Continue
8. You'll need to either log into your SwagUp account or choose your account if you have multiple users on your account
9. I'm going to choose a demo account for the purposes of this example
10. Click on Continue
11. Zapier will then prompt you to test your trigger.
12. If it's successful, click continue
13. Next, we need to determine the action app
14. To set conditions, I'm going to choose Paths by Zapier
15. You'll see two options appear: Path A and Path B. You need to click edit so that you can set your conditions
16. You can rename your pathway for easy identification and troubleshooting
17. Click on Continue
18. Let's set up our rules!
19. Click on Show all options if you don't see the info you need right away
20. To start, I want to make sure that a size has been chosen by the user. I'll select "Size Name"
21. Click on Choose condition…
22. If the size simply exists, I'm satisfied that it meets my criteria
23. Let's add another rule!
24. Click on Choose field…
25. Click on Show all options
26. I want to make sure that the address was entered. To start, let's select "shipping address 1"
27. Click on Choose condition…
28. Click on Exists
29. Click on "+And" to determine the rest of your fields
30. Our next step is to test our rules and conditions to see if our test example would have met all of the criteria. Click on Continue
31. In this case, the test failed because our test example didn't include a phone number. All shipments require a phone number but for the sake of this demo, click the x to remove this filter rule
32. The test was successful! Let's click on Continue
33. Click on Close
34. You've determined your conditions, now what? Think of Paths as a daisy chain of 3 or more actions. In this case, a directory order has been created and you want to create a Google Sheet Entry for your records. Click on Action
35. Click on Google Sheets
36. Choose the option for what you want to have happen
37. I want to create a new spreadsheet row
38. Click on Continue
39. Choose the account you'd like to use in Google
40. Click on Continue
41. At this point, you'll determine the drive and spreadsheet you want to work in
42. Click on Continue
43. Click on Test & Review
45. Oops! Something went wrong-the test failed as there is no new entry
46. Let's go back to Zapier to determine what occurred
47. I forgot to set the info that the Zap needs to pull!
48. I need to designate the date this directory order was created. Click on Show all options
49. Here's the "Created At" field!
50. Now for the first name
51. Click on First Name…
52. You get the idea. Keep designating your fields until everything matches the form
53. Once you're done, click on Continue
54. Click on Retest & Review
56. Success! We have an entry!
58. Click on Retest & Continue
59. Click on Close
60. Click on Save & Close Path Step
61. All done with Path A! You can do the same for Path B until you are finished. An idea? Maybe you have a Google Sheet just for failed entries that are missing some of our qualifying information so that you can troubleshoot
Do you have questions? Contact our Customer Care team here.